Where the heart goes, the feet will follow.

Where the heart goes, the feet will follow.

My whole life, my heart has ached for adventure. I'm feeling full of gratitude today for where that desire has led me and where my feet continue to take me. I occasional get an accidental photo of one of my feet. It's been fun to see that story unfold in its own way.


We were visiting an urban farm in Havana, Cuba. There had been a lot if rain so our guide provided us with makeshift boots (plastic bags) to keep our feet clean. It was one of the warmest and sunniest days of our trip in January. I was happy that I decided to wear a dress. The gentle breezes pushed the flowy fabric against my skin. I felt showy, like the pink bougainvillea hanging from the fence, -- something pretty in a utilitarian environment.
Everywhere there was productivity! The tour of the farm was led by a woman named Isis (the good kind she says). She spoke to us about not just the productivity of the farm, but the nourishment it provides to the community of people who make the farm successful. It was a progressive Google-like working environment in the way of work-life balance for the employees. It is a community within a community. Workers are paid and receive benefits like hair cuts, manicures, and bonuses. They get time off for family and flexible work schedules.



What stands out to me most about Cuba is the human element. They look after each other, support each other, provide for each other and welcome everyone...especially the women. The motto in Cuba by both men and women is that beside very strong man, there is a strong woman.  A colleague and I are working with a non-profit to create a week-long retreat in Cuba that will focus on meaningful exchanges with Cuban women and to support the Cuban people. Expect to see that around February 2019. 

If you are interested in learning more, please make sure you sign up on our email list so you can be first to know when this trip becomes live. http://greenedventures.com/womens-adventures/ 



Yours in Adventure!
Tara
Tara Short
Green Edventures
www.greenedventures.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year, New Adventures